How to Cast iPhone and Android Phone to your TV Using Chromecast
Nowadays, the majority of people have smart TVs loaded with apps, yet there are times when you want to view anything on your phone on a larger screen. Whether you are streaming a movie or playing a game on your phone, it only takes a few steps to cast your phone’s display on your television.
In this blog, you may learn everything you need to know about Chromecast, especially how to use it with an Android or iOS device. However, you must first learn how to set up Chromecast. Let’s dive in!
What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a media streaming player from Google that enables you to screencast anything from your smartphone to your TV. It is an integrated technology that allows you to stream your preferred entertainment across a variety of streaming platforms, like Netflix, Hulu, and Dish TV.
How to Set Up Chromecast
You must first download the Google Home app to your phone in order to begin casting. Once downloaded, log in using your Google account or create one if you don’t already have one.
This guide will bring you through the Chromecast setup process so you can start watching your favourite movies as soon as possible. Now is the time to set up!
- Plug your Chromecast into a TV.
- The Chromecast welcome screen will appear once you turn on your TV and tap the input button on your remote.
- Make sure your phone is set up with the Google Home app.
- You can connect your phone to the Chromecast by selecting your phone’s name from the list of available devices.
- Use Google Home to follow the steps.
- Click Get Started.
- The app and TV will both have code at the end of the setup process. They need to match, so choose “Yes” if they do.
- Select a name for your Chromecast on the following screen.
- Link Chromecast to the internet. Make sure your phone is connected to the same home internet as your Chromecast.
How to Use Chromecast and Google Assistant to Voice-Control Your TV
Chromecast can be controlled using voice commands straight through Google Assistant to search and play entertainment on your connected TV. You need a Google Assistant-enabled device, such as the Google Home, and a phone with the Google Assistant app downloaded in order to perform voice commands with Chromecast.
By using voice commands to operate the TV, you may simplify things even further with Google Assistant. However, if you use Chromecast with Google TV, the remote’s Google Assistant button makes it simpler to activate everything.
How to Chromecast from an Android Device
If you are using an Android device, you can cast the full screen of your Android device to your TV directly from the Google Home app. Google Chromecast acts as a transmitter connecting a streaming video to the TV by streaming content from your Android mobile.
Here is a detailed guide for setting up your Chromecast on an Android device.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Click the Account tab.
- Select Mirror Device by scrolling down.
- Click Audio/Cast Screen
- Select your Chromecast device
If you want to cast directly from an Android app, follow these easy steps below.
- Check to see if your Android device is on the same internet network as your Chromecast.
- Click on a Chromecast-supported app
- Click cast
- Choose any device you like to cast to.
How to Chromecast from an iPhone Device
There are several ways to cast any streaming services using Chromecast and your iPhone. Follow these instructions to use the streaming app:
- Ensure that your Chromecast and iPhone are both connected to the same internet network.
- Open the Chromecast-supported application you want to use, such as Netflix, Youtube, or Hulu.
- In the upper left or upper right corner, click the Chromecast icon.
- Pick the device that you would like to cast to.
- Click cast
You can use the Chromecast Streamer app if you have a Chromecast TV. You will be able to cast anything from your phone to your TV using this. Here are the simple steps:
- From the Apple app store, download the Chromecast Streamer app.
- Start the application once the download is finished.
- Authorize the app to allow it to connect to the Wi-Fi and find your device.
- Check if the Chromecast and iPhone are both linked to the same internet connection.
- Tap “Connect” when your Chromecast appears on the phone’s display.
If you’re looking for an all-around streaming stick, Google Chromecast is definitely one of your best options. You can easily use it to cast content from your small-screen phone to your big-screen TV, such as videos, photographs, movies, and TV episodes from apps that support casting using your iPhone or Android phone. In fact, you can even use your TV as a second computer monitor. We hope this article has given you a better understanding of Chromecast’s capabilities.