More Thoughts From Me #250: My Top 5 Games of the Year
The Game Awards is coming up on Thursday. I’m actually excited about the awards this year because a lot of great games are up for awards. Plus I’m hoping some cool things are revealed for next year too. So with all that said, what are my Games of the year?
The Year is almost over. This is the time when we’re all thinking about our games of the year. So without further ado, here’s my top 5 games of the year!
note: these are my personal picks for games of the year. I’m sure your picks are different. Please share them in the comments.
5. Spiritfarer: Without a doubt, Spiritfarer is my favorite indie game of 2020. It is a simulation game with a bit of adventure in its blood. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is addictive. Its an absolutely wonderful game and you should download it now for the Switch or whatever system you have that its on. Love it.
4. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity: This game is better than the first Hyrule Warriors because its has an actual storyline, amazing Breath of the Wild like graphics and abilities, and some cool set pieces that break up the typical Hyrule Warriors gameplay. Age of Calamity is awesome and if you are a Zelda fan, you should play it. Check out my review!
3. Dreams: I almost put this as my number 2 game of the year. Its pretty close! Dreams is so amazing. Players can create and share actual games in Dreams. And if you don’t feel like creating, you can just endlessly play tons and tons of games (thats what I do). There are a lot of mind blowing games! People are so talented. Dreams is a must buy if you have a PS4 (or PS5).
2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake: If it wasn’t for my number 1 game, this game would be my game of the year. The Final Fantasy 7 Remake is so awesome. From the graphics to the battle system to the revamped storyline, FF7 Remake is jaw dropping. Square Enix did not let us down with this one. I hope we’ll get to play Part 2 sooner rather than later. What an amazing game!
1. Animal Crossing New Horizons: It should come as no surprise to anyone who reads this column all the time and/or who knows me, that New Horizons is my game of the year. 2020 has been a tough, horrible year. Animal Crossing New Horizons saved me. I’m not kidding. It has kept me from being lonely and given me something to do every single day. I love this game. I also reviewed this game.
Those are my picks for Games of the Year!
I will be watching the Game Awards on Thursday. I will likely do a special More Thoughts From Me on Friday about it.
What are your games of the year? Are you looking forward to the Game Awards?
More Thoughts From Me is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed here are mine and mine alone. I wonder what cool games we’ll see in 2021!