PS Remote Play on Mac- How to Get Started?
Did you know when tasked to pick their favorite brands, millennials and Gen Z choose a video game brand as their #1? Most of them went for Playstation. In fact, various Millennials find this gaming system a significant paradigm shift from Mario or GoldenEye.
While it might not seem much of a change for Gen z, things have drastically shifted in the gaming world. But why is it so? It’s because this Gen z appears to have grown up with all these innovations right from their birth. But what about other generations who love to play this game but wish to do it on their favorite device, i.e., Mac?
Let’s find out here!
PS Remote Play- Necessary Specifications
If you wish to play a plethora of PS games, your system must have the following:
- OS- macOS High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur.
- Storage- 40 MB and more.
- RAM- a minimum of 2GB or more.
- A USB port is a necessity.
Make sure your system is free of clutter, and if its storage capacity is reaching the brim, you must take the help of any of the 12 best mac cleaners to clear your system of unnecessary files or applications.
But is that all?
Make sure that your PS (PS4 or PS5) has the following specifications.
- Use the latest software.
- Always use the same account that you use for your console.
- Have an uninterrupted internet connection. Experts suggest opting for the one with a download and upload speed of a min. 5Mbps.
- Get access to the wireless controller.
But how to get started?
To get started with Remote Play on your Mac, first install the app on your computer. Make sure you use the same app to connect to the PS console. Install the app in your system, and then move on to the next step.
Remote PS5 Console Setup
Trust us. You’ll need to go through all this hustle just the very first time you use Remote Play. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to settings, then system. You’ll find the item named Remote Play. Once you reach there, enable Remote Play.
- Make sure to checkboxes, such as Internet connectivity and PS5 connectivity, by clicking on the “Features Available in Rest Mode” in the Power Saving icon.
How to Start Remote Play?
This is how you can connect the PS console to your Mac.
- First of all, you must use a USB to connect the controller to your Mac.
- Now use the Remote Play app and sign in to the PSN.
- You can move into “Settings” to optimize the video quality settings for your games.
- Select the type of PS you want to use, such as PS4 and PS5.
Once the app connects to the console, you can start using Remote Play. The next time you wish to play again, you won’t have to go through the hassle again. All you have to do is get connected to the previously connected console and get started.
Gone are the days when you could not connect the PS games to the system. Now you can play games right from your Mac. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned above and get started.