Pokémon Crystal Launches Today on Nintendo eShop
Many people may have forgotten that Nintendo made this announcement late last year, but today, Pokémon Crystal – originally launched on the Gameboy Color in 2000 – is releasing on the Nintendo eShop today! Widely considered one of the best Pokémon games launched to date, the title can be yours for about $15.00, an incredible value in my opinion. Check out all the details from the Pokémon Company, outlined below!
Originally released for the Game Boy™ Color system in 2000, the Pokémon™ Crystal game added several new features to the Pokémon franchise. For the first time, players could choose a female or male character, Pokémon battles featured animation, and more. And now, this Virtual Console release invites you to explore the Johto region again—or for the first time.
- Experience an adventure through Johto based on the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games, but with updated features and added story elements specific to the Pokémon Crystal game.
- Get the chance to encounter the Mythical Pokémon Celebi in an event after completing the main adventure.
- Meet the mysterious character Eusine and find out how he’s linked to the Legendary Pokémon Suicune.
- Battle and trade with friends using local wireless.*
- With the paid service Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to bring Pokémon you have caught in this version of Pokémon Crystal into the Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon games!
This game is only playable in 2D.