Pokémon Quest Available Soon on Switch (Today) and Mobile (June)
The Pokémon Company, in partnership with Nintendo, Game Freak, and Niantic, held a Pokémon conference in Japan this evening (NA time) detailing the numerous games and accessories coming to the Nintendo Switch and mobile in 2018 and 2019. With lots to unpack, lets hop in and check out Pokemon Quest!
The first thing announced by the group on stage was a new experience for Nintendo Switch and mobile called Pokémon Quest. Pokémon Quest is a free-to-start experience which has players catching and battling Pokémon, but not in the traditional sense. Think of this as Pokémon meets Minecraft in terms of aesthetic, and you’ll begin to understand what we are saying. Here are a few images to get you going. The Pokémon Company announced that Pokémon Quest will be available today (tomorrow for NA I’d assume) on Nintendo Switch, and launch on mobile in June.
From the Pokemon Company press release, gameplay features of Pokémon Quest include:
- Battle by tapping — Pokémon Quest uses simple touch controls that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Befriend many Pokémon — Use items collected throughout expeditions to befriend a wide array of Pokémon.
- Create your Pokémon dream team — Partner with three of your Pokémon friends to battle through diverse environments.
- Pokémon unique to you — Use different Power Stones to personalize your Pokémon friends however you want and give them unique stats.
- Customize your base camp — Decorate your home with cute and fun collectibles that not only look good, but can provide in-game benefits.
Details on Pokémon Quest Packs Available for Purchase, courtesy of Wario64: