Best Cryptocurrency Price Trackers to use in 2021
2021 has been very volatile so far, and while institutions continue to buy bitcoin on paybis, many investors choose to sit on the sidelines fearful of the next dip. In bullish market conditions, price action can quickly become overwhelming, and you need to be aware of the price of your coins at all times.
This is where cryptocurrency price trackers come in. These tools help investors stay up to date with the price of cryptocurrencies, while also giving access to many different analysis tools, news portals, and social signals to crosscheck information.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the most popular and reliable price trackers in the market. After reading the contents of this post, you should have a better idea of the platform you can choose to track the value of your coins. Let’s delve in.
Coinmarketcap – Best overall
Coinmarketcap has been the staple price tracking website for the past 5 years. The website was acquired by Binance in 2020 and has since evolved to become one of the most multifaceted platforms for crypto enthusiasts. Here are a few things you can do on Coinmarketcap:
- Check thousands of cryptocurrencies on large lists to keep an overview of their price action, daily volumes, market cap, and circulating supply.
- Upon selecting the coin of your choice, you can delve deeper into the specifics. The price charts can be adjusted to present different timeframes and the value of each coin can be measured in BTC value as well as USD.
- Additionally, when tracking individual coins, users can check for social signals, historical data, news, social media posts, and tools to analyze price action.
- Apart from tracking cryptocurrencies, Coinmarketcap also analyses exchanges, by implementing several filters. This can further help you improve your investment decision and better understand the market leaders.
CoinGecko – The runnerup
Similar to Coinmarketcap, CoinGecko is a price-tracking website that has been around for several years. The platform has evolved to offer a lot of different functionalities, tools, and trackers that help users make better investment decisions. While less popular than Coinmarketcap, this platform has several strong points that are not found on CMC:
- The platform is better for those who want to discover new coins thanks to the “Discover” tab
- Users can have a better overview of DeFi markets and DeFi coins, including annual return rates for the coins they want to invest in.
- The “Earn” section shows all the potential returns you can get on your funds in centralized and decentralized platforms.
- Another very useful section in the website that shows all the public companies that have acquired Bitcoin
- Similar to Coinmarketcap, the platform is also used to track the price of cryptocurrencies, exchanges, and more.
Paybis – The underdog
Paybis has recently introduced a price tracking section within their website to help investors better follow the price of cryptocurrencies. This price tracker has several benefits that neither Coinmarketcap nor CoinGecko possesses:
- Check more than 200 cryptocurrencies paired with more than 45 FIAT currencies. This option is best for international investors that want to check in the rate of their own country.
- Check across several timeframes and use as a point of reference several exchange platforms. This makes it also a great tool for arbitrage traders.
- Check the coin’s circulating supply, daily volume, and other market data.
- Finally, popular cryptocurrencies contain separate content below the chart to help you familiarize yourself with the background and context of the project and give you a better idea of its fundamentals.
Blockfolio – Personalized tracking
Finally, another favorite tool of ours is Blockfolio. Similar to the options we mentioned previously, Blockfolio has expanded its range of services, offering trading options, news sections, latest announcements from the teams behind the coins you choose to track, and more. The tool was recently acquired by Alameda Research, which is the company behind FTX exchange, the most popular derivatives trading platform.
- Blockfolio is a great tool to track the value of your portfolio. Without even creating an account, you can simply input the value of your crypto funds and start tracking them on a regular basis. By doing so you don’t even need to log into your wallet to check the total value of your coins.
- The platform allows you to input demo buy and sell orders, which change the way your portfolio looks, and allow you to better track your holdings.
- You can check your profit/loss rates on certain cryptocurrencies, as well as previous iconic transactions you have made. You can also set alerts for certain coins, to be the first to get informed on the latest news.
And that’s it, folks, there you have it. The best cryptocurrency price trackers in the market are waiting for you to explore them. So make sure you check each and everyone and decide which one works best for your needs.