LEGO Ideas: Ship in a Bottle
The LEGO Group is constantly innovating and creating some really cool sets, but they always seem to fall into on of their many LEGO Themes, whether that be Star Wars, NINJAGO, LEGO City, or a host of other great LEGO franchises. It’s not a bad thing, as some of the sets have some amazing creative genius built into them! When LEGO launched the LEGO Ideas line, however, I knew that we would be getting sets that didn’t fit the traditional LEGO Themes mold; boy was a right, and this latest set – The Ship in a Bottle – is the PERFECT example of this. Check it out below!
Coming in at 952 pieces and priced at 89.99 USD, Ship in a Bottle is one of the most unique LEGO sets to ever hit the market. There is a ton of detail here, all enclosed in a custom LEGO bottle put together by a number of clear parts. It’s an ingenious design. I’ve always wanted a ship in a bottle for above my fire place. I know can get one!
Check out these other great features, courtesy of The LEGO Group PR!
- Features a LEGO® brick-built bottle, ship and a display stand.
- Bottle features a detailed, buildable cork with new-for-February 2018 wax-seal-style element and over 280 translucent-blue, water-style elements inside.
- Ship features a raised deck at the stern, captain’s quarters, 6 cannons, 3 masts, a crow’s nest and assorted elements including printed sails and the ship’s flag.
- Display stand features the ship’s ‘Leviathan’ nameplate, a built-in ‘compass’ (non-functioning) with detailed compass rose and spinning gold-colored needle, 2 globe elements and gold-colored detailing.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator Jake Sadovich and LEGO® designers.
- This construction toy is suitable for ages 10+.
- Bottle on stand measures over 3″ (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- Ship measures over 3″ (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.