Team 17 Partner with Super Mega Team to Publish METROIDVANIA BULLET HELL THE KNIGHT WITCH
2022 has been a good start for many Indie Game Developers and the amount of Indie Games launching is amazing, however, there is one Indie Game that we have to talk about and it is one that Team 17 has recently announced their partnership with Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team (aka ‘Super Mega Team’) to publish the upcoming Metroidvania, The Knight Witch. With the combination of fast-paced shoot ‘em up combat with Metroidvania traversal and exploration alongside a magic deckbuilding system, The Knight Witch takes players to the underground city of Dungeonidas. The once peaceful metropolis has been besieged by a mysterious threat and its unrelenting army of war golems. Here it falls to the protagonist – Rayne – to be named a Knight Witch and use her powers to fight back and save those she loves.
There are well over 30 unique spell cards to choose from in a magic deck-building system and Knight abilities to upgrade and improve, players can customize Rayne’s build to fit their playstyle, taking down the invading golems in the most effective way. Like other Knight Witches, Rayne thrives off the love and adoration of Dungeonidas’ citizens, growing ever stronger with their continued support – players can choose to capitalize on this, lying to the adoring denizens for their means, or they can be honest, sharing the painful truth to the masses. I love a good game that has some amazing Deck Building concepts to it and with a mix of shoot-em-up, this will be super fun. On the top note, the game looks and sounds amazing for sure, can’t wait to see more news about it.
The Knight Witch Key Features:
- Shoot ‘Em Up Spellcasting Sorcery: Encounter evil foes and choose whether to wield Rayne’s magic or use her weapons and wits to take them down.
- Body and Mind: The Knight Witch Duality: Customize Rayne’s unique playstyle, upgrading Knight abilities for a more fast-paced shoot ‘em up experience, or strengthen Witch magic and explore different deck-building strategies with over 30 unique spell cards to choose from.
- Build Trust & Make Lasting Bonds: Knight Witches become stronger with gratitude and trust and can earn it in many ways, not all of which are sincere – the choice to choose popularity over honesty lies in the player’s hands.
- Forward-Thinking Accessibility: The Knight Witch has been designed like a Metroidvania without barriers; with an intuitive on/off ‘auto-aim’ system, world-altering ‘cheats’ and a focused main story navigation system – players will never get lost and can tailor the game to their level of play.
- Super Mega Team: The Knight Witch is brought to you by a veteran team of developers behind titles such as RiME, Moonlighter, and Plants VS Zombies.
The Knight Witch is currently available on Wishlist on Steam.
The Knight Witch will launch on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC in 2022. Will you be checking this game out on launch?