Twitch Coming To Xbox One In 2014
While Playstation 4 users have been able to stream games via Twitch since launch, the Xbox One won’t get the service until 2014. There isn’t an official release date yet, but more than likely Twitch be available early in the new year.
Here’s more from a company blog post:
We know the ability to instantly broadcast gameplay is something the gaming community is excited about, and we are too. We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community, so while this feature won’t be available right away, we’ll let you know as soon as it is ready.
Microsoft is promoting the Snap mode on the Xbox One to use in conjunction with Twitch, that way gamers can play and watch streams at the same time. To top it off, it’s coming with achievements. Here’s what you’ll need to do in order to unlock them:
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become theTalent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday
Sounds like a pretty easy way to boost that Gamerscore.