Nintendo Switch Sales Surpass Wii U
Although no one will be surprised that this has happened, many will be surprised it happen this quickly. As of Nintendo’s latest financial release, the Nintendo Switch is sitting just shy of 15 million unit sold, which easily topples the lifetime sales of the Wii U, which currently sits at roughly 13.5 million. For Nintendo, this is fantastic news. For Nintendo fans, this is also fantastic news, as the company is likely to continue rolling out fantastic experiences for its consumer base!
Here are a few other highlights from the earning reports:
- Super Mario Odyssey Sales – 9.07 Million
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Sales – 7.33 Million – It is important to remember here that this is a rerelease of a Wii U title!
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sales – 6.7 Million – It is important to remember that this title is also available on Wii U, but these are Nintendo Switch numbers!
- Splatoon 2 Sales – 4,91 Million
According to the report, Nintendo now boasts 8 titles with sales over 1 million units, and impressive figure for a company many where looking to right off only one year ago.
Nintendo 3DS sales are on the decline, although that is to be expected, with a roughly 9% dip in sales. Still, moving over 5 million units of a system that is coming up on 7 years is very impressive, and still is proof that people want to game on their Nintendo 3DS units! Here are a few Nintendo 3DS highlights:
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Sales – 7.17 Million
- Nintendo 3DS Game sales dropped 33%, selling roughly 31.25 million units
All in all, it was a profitable year for the gaming giant, with lots to look forward to in 2018!